This Privacy Statement deals with information that a user may provide on the AMS websites.
For the purposes of this Statement, AMS definition of ‘user’ encompasses merchants, affiliate members, partners, sales agents, sponsors, customers and cardholders and any other visitor who discloses information to the company. AMS is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information and wants to promote trust and confidence on the Internet. To that end, AMS hereby outlines the type of information that is collected and tracked on this website and how AMS uses this information in its business operations.
This Privacy Statement describes:
- The personally identifiable information AMS collects.
- AMS Zero Spam Policy
- How AMS uses the information.
- With whom AMS may share the information.
- The safeguards that are in place to prevent loss and/or misuse of the information and to maintain its integrity.
- How users can update or correct personal information.
Collection of Information
AMS collects information from its users in the following methods.
- Registration – AMS collects personally identifiable information on its users through the registration process (merchant account applications, affiliate program application, partners’ program application and customer’s purchase information) where the applicant is required to give some of the following contact information: company information, product information, technical information, credit card information, account executive name, telephone number, email address, address.
- Ordering – In order to complete an application form or a customer information request, the user is required to provide AMS with the following information: name, mailing address, shipping address, email address, phone number and credit card information. This information is used to complete the account application process, to complete the customer’s information request and to verify the validity of a request.
- Tracking – Users’ Internet Protocol (IP) address is automatically received and collected when they visit some AMS websites. AMS also tracks information such as the domain name from which a user visits us, the pages a user requests, and the amount of time that a user spends on the site. From the IP address, AMS can only determine the Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of user’s point of connectivity. This information is used in the aggregate for statistical purposes.
AMS Zero Spam Tolerance Policy
Merchants or any third party working on their behalf shall not use the AMS mail service and or its name to send unsolicited e-mail messages, including, without limitation, bulk commercial advertising or informational announcements (“spam”). In addition, Merchants or any third party working on their behalf shall not (a) send e-mail messages which are excessive and/or intended to harass or annoy others, (b) continue to send e-mail messages or USENET postings to a recipient who has indicated that he/she does not wish to receive them, (c) send e-mail messages with forged header information, or (d) send malicious e-mail messages or USENET postings, including, without limitation, “mailbombing.”
Use of Information
- Information Collected Through Tracking – The information that AMS collects is used in the aggregate to obtain demographic information about the entire AMS audience in order to improve service to its customers and merchants, to perform statistical analysis of the collective characteristics and behavior of its users. From this information, AMS can measure overall patron demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the AMS’ domain and to analyze how and where to apply its resources. AMS also uses the collected aggregate data to inform its sponsors of the number of visitors who have seen and “clicked” on their advertisements. Cookies are used to determine what particular content (e.g. advertising) users view, how long they view it, which content or sites that users link to, and which services members and visitors tend to use.
- Information Collected Through Registration – Merchants’ personal information is used to set up the merchant’s account, to send the merchants updates, or changes to AMS services. AMS uses credit card information to fulfill the merchant account application process. Customers’ personal and payment information is used to confirm the customer’s identity and to provide information concerning the customer’s online order.
Sharing of Information
- Financial Institutions – AMS credit card transactions are handled by third-party financial institutions that receive the credit card number and other personal information in order to verify the validity of the credit card numbers and process the transactions.
- Law Enforcement Investigations – AMS may be required to disclose personal information when required by law wherein it believes that such disclosure is necessary to comply with legal proceedings. AMS responds to subpoenas, warrants, or other court orders regarding information that is contained within our access logs concerning any merchant, user, customer or visitor. AMS reserves the right to release information concerning any user who is believed to be in violation of contract, regulations, laws or guidelines, even without a subpoena, warrant, or other court order. AMS cooperates with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use its services for illegal activities. AMS also reserves the right to report any deemed illegal activity by its users to law enforcement agencies.
- Clients – In the event of an inquiry or a dispute by a customer, AMS releases to customers information about the merchant, such as Customer Service Phone Line (if provided by the merchant), merchant’s administrative contact information, and merchant’s website.
- Third Party – AMS discloses information only to third parties who are business partners that provide intrinsic services (i.e. credit card companies) and who are required to treat the information with the same degree of care. Please note that AMS’ websites link to a wide variety of other websites, and AMS is not accountable for their privacy policies or how they treat information about their users. Please note that AMS does not control the acts of its users, merchants, suppliers, etc. All users should be aware that, when they disclose personal information to third parties on or off the AMS websites, the information may be collected and used to send that user unsolicited email. In the event that a customer encounters a AMS merchant who is improperly collecting or using personal information, please contact AMS immediately.
- Security – AMS uses commercially reasonable precautions, such as security software, physical security features and strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of its users’ personal information; it is also committed to constantly improving its security measures as new technology is made available. AMS works diligently to protect the safety of customers’ online purchases and merchants’ sensitive information by using authentication technology (certificates) and encryption technology (SSL). Our secure server software encrypts all personal information, including credit card information and/or social security number, which is transmitted over the Internet to and from AMS websites.
Updating and Correcting Information
If you would like to view the information AMS has collected about you, correct your information or opt not to consent to certain uses of your personal information, please contact your assigned account executive, who will assist you in this process.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
This Statement is subject to change as AMS enhances its services and products, as well as being amended to maintain compliance with the applicable laws and regulations. Users who have a contract with AMS will be notified of any changes and other users will be notified prior to collecting such information, as well as of changes to any other part of the business that AMS deems appropriate for disclosure.
If AMS intends to use personal information in a manner other than is stated at the time of collection, users will be notified and given the opportunity to consent to such a use.
Users of AMS websites must abide by the regulations and laws of their country of origin.
THE SERVICE, CONTENT AND INFORMATION FROM OR THROUGH THIS WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES AS TO MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. AMS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS RELATING TO THIS WEB SITE AND ITS CONTENT, OR THE INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE, AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES WITHOUT NOTICE.
AMS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF INCOME OR EARNINGS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OR INJURY TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY, CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, OR ANY OTHER LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OUT OF THE FURNISHING OR USE OF THIS WEB SITE.
AMS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE, WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY, ITS PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PRODUCT AND SERVICE FEATURES AND PRICES, AS WELL AS TECHNICAL SUPPORT, HOURS OF OPERATION, POLICIES, AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS